Place of Birth: Antrim
Date of enlistment: 19 November 1872
Age given at enlistment: 27
Location on 25 June 1876: Crossed river with Reno's column - killed with Custer's column
Carried the First Message from Reno
County Antrim. Northern Ireland.
'Men With Custer - Biographies of the 7th Cavalry', Edited by Ronald H. Nichols with Daniel I. Bird, CBHMA Inc., 2010, p. 263.
'Men With Custer - Biographies of the 7th Cavalry', Edited by Ronald H. Nichols with Daniel I. Bird, CBHMA Inc., 2010, p. 264..
- Final Statement of Private Archibald McIlhargey’s signed by Captain Henry J. Nowlan, Commanding Company, at Fort Abraham Lincoln on December 5, 1876.
- DUE SOLDIER
- For five years’ continuous service under sec. 2, act August 4, 1854 … $2.00 per month
- For retained pay under act of May 15, 1872 … $26.40
- For clothing not drawn in kind … $160.17
- For deposits with the USA Paymaster August 5th, 1875 … $8.50
- DUE UNITED STATES
- For tobacco … $1.71
- The above statement does not take into account pay due for the period May 1 to June 25, 1876 at $13 a month.
- His widow married Sergeant Michael Caddle, Company I, on Christmas Day 1877.
Name, date and place of birth not yet verified.