Place of Birth: Birmingham
Date of enlistment: 3 February 1872
Age given at enlistment: 22
Location on 25 June 1876: With Custer's Colum
A Gunsmith from Birmingham
John Parker's enlistment in the 7th Cavalry at Chicago, Illinois, 3 February 1872.
- Not yet fully researched.
- John Parker had grey eyes, light hair, a light complexion, was 5′ 7″ tall, previously employed as a gunsmith.
- Participated in both the 1873 and 1874 Northern Boundary Commission escorts.
- Killed with Custer’s column.
- Listed as JNO. PARKER on the battle monument.
- Final Statement of Private John Parker signed by Captain Henry J. Nowlan, Commanding Company, at Fort Abraham Lincoln on 5 December 1876.
- DUE SOLDIER
- For retained pay up to June 30, 1872 … $4.90
- For retained pay under act of May 15, 1872 … $50.30
- For clothing not drawn in kind … $94.59
- Proceeds of sale of effects [April 26, 1877] … $7.00
- DUE UNITED STATES
- For tobacco … $1.71
- The above statement does not take into account basic pay due for the period May 1 to June 25, 1876