Place of Birth: London
Date of enlistment: 4 September 1873
Age given at enlistment: 23
Location on 25 June 1876: In hilltop fight
An Unidentified Trooper from London
- Not yet fully researched.
- William Martin, who had blue eyes, dark hair, brown hair, a fair complexion, and was 5′ 5 1/4″ tall, was enlisted by Captain Charles Bendire, 1st Cavalry, at St. Louis, on 4 September 1873.
- He also served in the 17th U.S. Infantry.
- Was discharged at Fort Yates, Dakota Territory, for disability, on 24 July 1883.
- He died on 13 January 1900 at Fort McPherson, Georgia.
Captain [later Major] Charles Bendire (1836-1897) - original name Karl Emil Bender - a noted ornithologist.